Travelling to College
There is a range of ways to travel to College on public transport services and on buses operated solely by Sir John Deane’s College or in partnership with Mid-Cheshire College.
Where possible we encourage you to walk, cycle or use the bus but students who wish to drive can apply for a permit to park their car on campus. There is no charge for this.
We may be able to help with the cost of travel to college via grants from the 16-19 Bursary Fund.
Parking outside College
We are very mindful of the impact that traffic congestion around the College can have on the residents who live close by, particularly at the end of the day when parents may be waiting to pick up their son or duaghter. Please help us to minimise the impact on our neighbours by waiting in one of the car parks at the rear of the College rather than on Monarch Drive and the surrounding residential roads.
The College currently operates its own bus services from the following areas. If you click on the links below you will see full details of the route and current charges.
- Appleton, Dudlow’s Green, Stretton (Warrington Route One)
- Lymm, High Legh, Stockton Heath (Warrington Route Two)
- Runcorn, Preston Brook, Dutton (Halton)
- Sale, Altrincham, Hale (South Manchester)
- Congleton, Holmes Chapel , Goostrey (Congleton)
- Bunbury, Tarporley
- Sandbach and Crewe (including Nantwich)
- Helsby, Frodsham and Kingsley
- Macclesfield , Knutsford
If you think that you might need a seat on any of these buses please complete the initial interest form and return it to Andrea Moores at the College. You are not making a firm commitment at this stage but it is important that we know the level of possible interest so that we can make sure that we have enough seats available.
Public transport services are available from other areas including:
- Little Leigh, Barnton, Weaverham
- Comberbach, Great Budworth, Marston, Wincham, Lostock Gralam
- Winsford, Moulton, Davenham
- Crewe, Sandbach, Middlewich
- Chester, Tarvin, Kelsall, Sandiway
The public transport operators offer reduced price student saver tickets. Detailed information about ticket prices and timetables can be found by following the website links below:
Please note Arriva NW scholar and student saver tickets are NOT valid on the 82 service between Chester and Northwich. 82 Bus Service from Chester
If you need any further help or if the area that you live in is not mentioned above please contact Andrea Moores at the College on 01606 810020 extension 037.