Record Oxbridge offers for Sir John Deane’s Students
A record number of students from Sir John Deane’s Sixth Form College have been selected to study at Oxford and Cambridge Universities.
19 students in total received news of their offers in January with many more students also celebrating offers from some of the UK’s leading universities, including Durham, Warwick, Manchester and Sheffield.
Deputy Principal Andrew Boden, said: “Congratulations to each and every one of our students on securing such highly competitive offers.
“It is an incredible achievement and they should all be extremely proud of their exceptional ability, commitment and ambition.”
The College’s well-established Oxbridge readiness programme, led by Andrew Boden and senior teacher Nikki Manley, supports students at every step of their application to ensure they are confident and well prepared for the interview.
And this year proved to be more successful than ever with a record number of students securing prestigious Oxbridge places.
Andrew Boden added: “We are delighted that as a college we have been able to support so many students in securing places at their first choice university, including a record number for Oxbridge, as well as many others from some of the UK’s leading Universities.”
Those set for Oxford and Cambridge came to Sir John Deane’s from a number of different high schools across Cheshire, including five students from The County High School, Leftwich, three students from Bridgewater County High School and two from Holmes Chapel Comprehensive.
2019 Oxbridge offers
- Harmann Bansal (The Grange School). Physics at Worcester College Oxford
- Sophie Beckingham (The County High School, Leftwich), History of Art at Jesus College Cambridge
- Charlotte Case (Helsby County High School), Law at Lincoln College Oxford
- Jenson Davenport (Sandbach School), Law with Italian Law at Jesus College Oxford
- Catherine Flanders (Holmes Chapel Comprehensive School), General Engineering at Magdalene College Cambridge
- Sam Flower (The County High School, Leftwich), Mathematics at Merton College Oxford
- Rowan Hobson (Sandymoore Free School), Mathematics at Trinity Hall College Cambridge
- Max Johnson (The County High School, Leftwich), Computer Science at Clare College Cambridge
- Benjamin Langton (The County High School, Leftwich), Mathematics at Fitzwilliam College Cambridge
- Joseph Lawson (The County High School, Leftwich), Computer Science at Worcester College Oxford
- Michael Lee (Bridgewater High School), Engineering at Sidney Sussex College Cambridge
- Emma Lord (Weaverham High School), Mathematicss and Computer Science at St Hugh’s College Oxford
- Amy Nicholls (Bridgewater High School), History at University College Oxford
- Emily Moss (Sandbach County High School), Modern and Medieval Languages at St Catherines College Cambridge
- Jordan Oliver (Biddulph High School) Chemistry at Keeble College Oxford
- Ella Townend (Holmes Chapel Comprehensive School), History at Sidney Sussex College Cambridge
- Alex Wan (Bridgewater County High School), Mathematics at Churchill College Cambridge
- Charles West (The Winsford Academy), Spanish and Ab Initio Italian at Wadham College Oxford
- Alistair Westmacott (Middlewich High School), Computer Science at Churchill College Cambridge