There are a range of ways to travel to college including public transport services and buses operated solely by Sir John Deane’s Sixth Form College.
Where possible we encourage you to walk, cycle or use the bus but students who wish to drive can apply for a permit to park their car on campus. There is no charge for this.
We may be able to help with the cost of travel to college via grants from the 16-19 Bursary Fund.
Parking Outside College
We are very mindful of the impact that traffic congestion around the college can have on the residents who live close by, particularly at the end of the day when parents may be waiting to pick up their son or daughter. Please help us to minimise the impact on our neighbours by waiting in one of the car parks at the rear of the college rather than on Monarch Drive and the surrounding residential roads. If this is not possible, please be respectful to our neighbours and not park across driveways.
College Bus Information
The College currently operates its own bus services from the following areas. If you click on the links below you will see full details of the route and current charges.
- Bunbury & Tarporley (including Utkinton, Cotebrook & Sandiway)
- Congleton & Goostrey (including Holmes Chapel & Lach Dennis)
- Halton (Runcorn area including Preston Brook & Dutton)
- Helsby & Frodsham (including Kingsley, Norley & Acton Bridge)
- Macclesfield & Knutsford (including Chelford & Mobberley)
- Sandbach & Crewe (including Nantwich & Middlewich)
- South Manchester (including Timperley, Sale, Altrincham & Hale)
- Warrington Route One (including Appleton, Dudlow Green, Stretton & Lower Whitley)
- Warrington Route Two (including High Legh, Lymm, Thelwall, Grappenhall & Stockton Heath)