As an education establishment we value career and professional development. We are committed to ensuring that colleagues benefit from engaging professional development that includes:
- A structured induction programme for new starters to help them settle into their new role.
- An annual performance and development review.
- Support to develop in their chosen field and reach their full potential.
- A new teacher professional development programme led by our Deputy Principal.
- Tailored NQT and RQT development and support opportunities.
- Opportunities across the Sir John Brunner Foundation, the Multi-Academy Trust the College is proud to be part of.
Culture and Ethos
We pride ourselves on being an extraordinary community where teachers and support professionals hold a shared ethos and mission of excellence, integrity and passion:
- Highly motivated and ambitious students, as evidenced in our track record of outstanding results.
- Professional and supportive colleagues.
- A progress mentor team to support children throughout their two years at College.
The College is committed to supporting the health and wellbeing of colleagues by offering a variety of initiatives:
- Free entrance to the Sir John Deane’s Leisure Centre and Swimming Pool.
- Occupational health and counselling service that offers support through times of difficulty.
- Access to an employee health plan.
- Family friendly policies to support work-life balance.
A purpose built, architecturally designed campus sets the scene for a culture and ethos that puts the learning and success of students at the heart of everything we do. The College offers:
- A favourable teaching timetable.
- Free onsite parking.
- College wide social events that bring colleagues together across the year.
- Onsite canteen facilities including two Starbucks Cafes.
- Staff discounts on a number of services.
- Generous holiday entitlement including Christmas/New Year closure.
- Pension scheme membership.